Original Signal - Transmitting Web 2.0
- HP goes big on gaming with new Omen laptops and desktop (Devindra Hardawar/Engadget)
- Devindra Hardawar / Engadget:HP goes big on gaming with new Omen laptops and desktop — HP gave us a brief taste of the legendary Voodoo PC gaming brand with its
- Chrome 51 released with new APIs, including Credential Management API, more efficient page rend(...)
- Emil Protalinski / VentureBeat:Chrome 51 released with new APIs, including Credential Management API, more efficient page rendering; available for Windows and Mac, Linux coming soon — Google today launched Chrome
- HTC confirms it has stopped manufacturing Google's flagship tablet, the Nexus 9 (Roger Cheng/CNET)
- Roger Cheng / CNET:HTC confirms it has stopped manufacturing Googles flagship tablet, the Nexus 9 — HTC confirms it isnt making any more of the slates, and only a limited
- Peter Thiel acknowledges he spent around $10M to fund a team of lawyers to help Gawker "victims(...)
- Andrew Ross Sorkin / New York Times:Peter Thiel acknowledges he spent around $10M to fund a team of lawyers to help Gawker “victims” like Hulk Hogan sue the company, in
- Canary Watch will no longer accept submissions or monitor canaries, says goals reached, notes c(...)
- Cooper Quintin / Electronic Frontier Foundation:Canary Watch will no longer accept submissions or monitor canaries, says goals reached, notes canaries provide interesting but not definitive information — We announced Canary
- Home WiFi startup Eero raises $50M led by Menlo Ventures, devices to be sold exclusively at Bes(...)
- Dan Primack / Fortune:Home WiFi startup Eero raises $50M led by Menlo Ventures, devices to be sold exclusively at Best Buy — Eero, the maker of home Wi-Fi devices that
- PayPal to discontinue mobile apps for Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Amazon Fire on June 30 (Ch(...)
- Chris Welch / The Verge:PayPal to discontinue mobile apps for Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Amazon Fire on June 30 — PayPal is thinning the number of mobile operating systems supported
- Oberlin students want to abolish midterms and any grades below C
- Students at Oberlin College are asking the school to put academics on the back burner so they can better turn their attention to activism. More than 1,300 students at the Midwestern liberal arts college have now signed a petition asking that the
- Emails Add to Hillary Clinton's Central Problem: Voters Just Don't Trust Her
- But as the Democratic primary contest comes to a close, any hopes Mrs. Clinton had of running a high-minded, policy-focused campaign have collided with a more visceral problem.Voters just don’t trust her.The Clinton campaign had hoped to use the coming
- Twisted Idaho father takes daughter to Missouri to marry her 24-year-old rapist
- A depraved Idaho dad forced his 14-year-old daughter to marry her 24-year-old rapist.Keith Strawn was sentenced to four months in prison after telling the judge: If you get them pregnant then you marry them,” Fox 31 reported.“While you spend those 120
- Obama Admin Removes Ethics Disclosures For Top Feds
- Conflict of interest disclosure reports filed by top federal officials were removed from public view by the Obama administration in recent months, a move that government transparency and accountability advocates condemn as a major setback.The Office of Government Ethics …
- Indonesia to Chemically Castrate Child-Sex Offenders
- New punishments for child-sex offenders also include a maximum penalty of death
- Hanging Hillary with her own ugly words
- Because the Clintons have required protection details from their early days in Arkansas in the governors mansion, right up to the present, there is no shortage of sworn officers who have been in position to observe this pair of grifters
- Trump back to racist rhetoric: After New Mexico rally gets violent, he demonizes the Mexican (...)
- So much for the softer, more moderate Donald Trump that was supposedly going to get rolled out for the general election campaign. After sparing the nation from his George Wallace-esque rallies for a few weeks, Trump decided to gear the
- How soon will the publishing industry come to terms with the potentials of digital capability
- How soon will the publishing industry will come to terms with the potentials of digital capability, the demand of a mobile era, and the needs of a readership that many publishers dont yet seem ready to cultivate. Daily book trade
- Dubai 2016 #5
- For anyone who knows the fish market in Dubai youll probably be able to work out where I took this one - its just before the entrance to the fish market, above a wall of white tiles.
- The challenge of ensuring the long term viability of EU farming
- While employment is a key objective for rural development, an ageing working force on farms has become an impediment for rural areas in the EU. But in just 10 years, millions of farms have disappeared, while the total area used
- Cleveland police arrest 4 accused of pointing Airsoft guns at driver in parking lot
- Police have arrested four juvenile males after at least one reportedly pointed an Airsoft gun at a driver as they were walking through the parking lot at Steelyard Commons. According to a police source, the males were walking in front
- Terrible tragedy in Equador - earthquake hit and many are dead (I...
- Terrible tragedy in Equador - earthquake hit and many are dead
- Largo woman arrested for attempted murder after stabbing man in Walsingham Park
- Pinellas County sheriffs deputies arrested a Largo woman for attempted murder after detectives said she stabbed her drug dealer Saturday evening in Walsingham Park. According to authorities, Erin R. Jackson, 26, pulled a pocket knife just after 6 p.m. on
- Dorchester man who keeps getting arrested on gun charges gets arrested on gun charges
- A man so familiar with the local cops he called out to one by name this morning was arrested after he refused to get out of the car he was in, possibly because he had a loaded gun in his
- Volunteers, orphanages, and good intentions
- I was asked recently by a friend to meet some people from her church in the US who were visiting Uganda on a mission trip. The aim of the meeting was to convince them that supporting and visiting orphanages was
- "We are here to make coffee metal."
- Brendon Small confirms there will be no Metalocalypse series finale. What did you think of that campaign where they wanted people to fax in to save the show?>Oh that? I actually talked to Adult Swim and said what are you
- But what will Bucky think?
- A day after #GiveSteveRogersABoyfriend trended worldwide on twitter, readers of Captain America were treated to a much different surprise. (spoilers for Captain America: Steve Rogers #1) - Fans on twitter respond with #SayNoToHYDRACap- Writer Nick Spencer: Why I Turned Steve
- Cat Watching a Horror Movie
- Just what it says. A cat. Watching a movie. Belonging to the horror film genre.
- Creative Limitations in Intoxicants
- Salt Lake Spirit: How Utahs Liquor Laws Foster Creativity Behind the Bar (Serious Eats) Lets take the classic Manhattan. Its actually perfect for Utahs liquor laws. The typical Manhattan would have two ounces of whiskey to one ounce sweet vermouth.
- Stop me if you've seen this one before
- T-Pain rides to the Salford Lads Club Whatever I Want. is a shot-for-shot remake of the Smiths 1987 video for Stop Me If You Think Youve Heard This One Before.
- Norfolk Southern, What's your Function
- The Norfolk Southern Railroad in 2013 premiered a pretty radical television commercial for a railroad in these times. Riffed from a possibly recognizable song and directed by cinematographer Samuel Bayer, who has produced music videos for rock bands including The
All credits go to the authors of these sites. Without their hard work Original Signal would not exist.
Last updated on May 26th 2016 12:24 | Contact