Original Signal - Transmitting Web 2.0
- Some real estate firms aim to improve efficiency and remove stress from house-hunting by using (...)
- Jennifer Miller / New York Times:Some real estate firms aim to improve efficiency and remove stress from house-hunting by using virtual reality to showcase properties — A New Dimension in
- European Commission VP Andrus Ansip on leading the Digital Single Market initiative, cybersecur(...)
- Mark Bergen / Re/code:European Commission VP Andrus Ansip on leading the Digital Single Market initiative, cybersecurity, opposition to encryption back doors — European Commission VP Andrus Ansip on Digital Single
- In study of 3M Github pull requests, women's code accepted at higher rate, unless "gender ident(...)
- Julia Carrie Wong / Guardian:In study of 3M Github pull requests, womens code accepted at higher rate, unless “gender identifiable” — Women considered better coders - but only if they
- Congress passes bill permanently barring state and local governments from taxing access to the (...)
- Alan Fram / Associated Press:Congress passes bill permanently barring state and local governments from taxing access to the Internet — CONGRESS GIVES FINAL OK TO BANNING LOCAL INTERNET TAXES —
- Facebook exploring counter speech tactics to discredit extremist speech, including giving up to(...)
- Wall Street Journal:Facebook exploring counter speech tactics to discredit extremist speech, including giving up to $1K in ad credits and funding student competitions — Facebook Adds New Tool to Fight
- After a bevy of acquisitions by major brands, the age of indie fitness apps is over (Lauren Goo(...)
- Lauren Goode / The Verge:After a bevy of acquisitions by major brands, the age of indie fitness apps is over — The age of indie fitness apps is over —
- ISPs want "flexible" privacy rules that let them "innovate" with customer data (Jon Brodkin/Ars(...)
- Jon Brodkin / Ars Technica:ISPs want “flexible” privacy rules that let them “innovate” with customer data — ISPs should be able to choose how they protect customer data, they tell
- World War II's Paratroopers: Operation Market-Garden
- In the fading summer days of September 1944, the Allies pondered how to deliver the final deathblow to the Third Reich.Just four years earlier, as Nazi troops had goose-stepped through Paris, Hitler appeared on the verge of winning the war.
- Operation Market Garden: Meet the Storied US Brigade That Will Put Boots on Ground in Syria, Iraq
- The objective is to force Daesh militants from their two power centers in Mosul, Iraq and Raqqa, Syria. These cities constitute Daesh’s military, political, economic and ideological centers of gravity, he wrote.
- 1945 the race to Berlin - 2015 -The Race to Raqqa Is on
- Could the U.S. and its allies capture Raqqa or Deir Ezzor and with it parts of eastern Syria it could use them as a bargaining chip to gain some negotiation power with Syria and its allies over the future of
- Gillian Anderson shuts down Daily Mail's botox speculation: I'm 'aging without shame'
- No description.
- 1,400 people learn their jobs are moving to Mexico
- No description.
- GOP Says the Right to Know What You're Eating is Burdensome to Corporations
- Despite the protests of many medical organizations, Republicans ignore the health cost to Americans in favor of corporate profitsBy Hrafnkell Haraldsson
- Lawrenceville Pimp Convicted of Sex Trafficking
- ATLANTA - Travis Sentall Robinson, a/k/a “Triggaplay,” a/k/a “Trigga,” of Lawrenceville, Georgia, was convicted last week following a three-week jury trial of multiple sex-trafficking charges, including conspiracy to commit and commission of sex traf …
- Man accused of hurling alligator through Wendy's drive-thru window
- In October, a man, believed to be 23-year-old Joshua James, pulled up to a Wendys drive-thru window in Jupiter, Florida. But instead of asking for more napkins or extra ketchup, he did the unthinkable: he threw a living alligator through
- Police arrest suspect in St. Roch barbershop shooting
- New Orleans Police have arrested the man they say shot a 28-year-old pregnant woman and another man outside a St. Roch barbershop on Friday . Renoldo Henry, 33, is held on two attempted first-degree murder counts, attempted first-degree feticide and
- Why Should You See A Nutritionist
- Making the decision to see a nutritionist might possibly be the one of the best preventative health care steps you can take. A nutritionist offers much more than just caloric information.
- Second man shot dead in apparent gangland feud - CIRA deny involvement
- A second man has been shot dead in Dublin in an apparent gangland feud which is suspected to involve drugs gangs in Ireland and Spain. The man in his 50s was gunned down on Poplar Row, North Strand in the
- more infomation visit site.
- Today the top porch has returned however with a new name-social system. People flock to these social networking sites like bees to sugar.
- HK watchdog consults on 900/1800MHz spectrum
- The regulator is proposing three approaches to the reassignment of the frequencies: to give the existing licensees the right of first refusal; to revoke the licences once they expire and hold an auction for all 200MHz of available spectrum; or
- How the ABC bungled the story of the '5-year-old rape victim'
- The ABC reported a five-year-old had been raped on Nauru. That turned out to be false - so how did the ABC get it so wrong? The ABCs embarrassing back-down yesterday on claims that a five-year-old had been raped on
- Louisiana's budget irresponsiblility so bad, it threatens football team
- The state of Louisiana is facing a massive budget shortfall. Former governor Bobby Jindal positioned himself for a presidential run by slashing taxes and cutting spending, pinning his fiscal policy on the hopes that oil revenues from the Gulf of
- Wisconsin teledildonics
- We grew up pretty conservative, she recalls. My parents kept us away from everything. Now everything we do is a sin. Meet Chris Johns and Tabitha Rae, the God-fearing Wisconsin couple who, if web glitches, fiercely defended patents, and a
- Another Vietnam
- Unseen, rare images of the Vietnam War from the winning side
- "We're gonna arm this thing and go hunting"
- How Rogue Techies Armed The Predator, Almost Stopped 9/11, And Invented Remote Warfare The world is not black-and-white, he says. Its shades of gray presented to you in an infrared image.
- Samantha Bee launches her own late night show, Full Frontal, on TBS
- Samantha Bee Takes Her Place in Late Night (NY Times)Samantha Bee fumed for a few minutes in September, when Vanity Fair published an article on late-night television and placed a portrait of 10 hosts — all men, including Stephen Colbert,
- The Elwha River Comes Roaring Back
- Eighteen months after removal of the last chunks of two dams on Washington States Elwha River, an event marked on Metafilter by this brilliant post by edeezy, the Seattle Times documents the remarkably fast recovery of the Elwha ecosystem, from
- Just in time for Valentine's Day, a reminder that ...
- The best love stories on TV are between two women, By Molly Eichel, A.V. Club
All credits go to the authors of these sites. Without their hard work Original Signal would not exist.
Last updated on February 13th 2016 22:04 | Contact